Main menu

Pages

My twin flame is dating someone else so I did these 6 things

 


As with all fires, eventually, they will burn out. Coping with the separation from my twin flame was challenging, and while I always held onto the hope of their return, learning about their current relationship made it even more difficult to process. Initially, it felt like a part of me was lost, and I struggled with both their absence and the fact that they had moved on. However, in this article, I will share my personal experience of identifying what a twin flame is and the six ways I managed to move on after discovering their new relationship. Before diving into that, it is important to briefly explain what a twin flame is.




The concept of a twin flame, or a mirrored soul, suggests that our souls are divided into two halves at the point of creation. If you are fortunate enough to reunite with your twin flame during your lifetime, the relationship is intended to help you find your true self, although it may not always be easy. As described by writer Tina Fey, a twin flame connection is a special and intense relationship that leads to a deep and often chaotic connection with another person from the moment you meet. Meeting my twin flame was a remarkable experience that felt like we were always on the same page. However, being in a twin flame relationship isn't always pleasant, and the purpose is to help you confront deep inner wounds and trauma. According to Michael Farrell, a twin flame union can often mirror your darkest fears and trigger anxiety, resulting in constant questioning and self-doubt. When I experienced the separation from my twin flame, I was lost and unsure how to move forward. Upon learning that my twin flame had started dating someone else, I had to take a moment to consider how to process my emotions healthily.




Thanks to an amazing workshop by the globally recognized Shaman Rudá Iandé, I learned five techniques that enabled me to heal from the separation from my twin flame and quickly move forward, even after discovering that he was dating someone else. These methods not only helped me come to terms with his new relationship but also instilled a sense of thankfulness within me.




These are 6 ways to move forward when your twin flame starts dating someone else:


Acknowledge your completeness

One of the most valuable lessons I learned after discovering that my twin flame was dating someone else was that I am whole and complete without him. This realization helped me develop genuine compassion not only for myself but also for him. I came to see him as a fellow traveler on his journey of healing, and our separation as an opportunity for growth. When I embraced my completeness, my values and beliefs became more pronounced, reigniting my passions and leading me to meet like-minded people. Ideapod founder Justin Brown even suggests that we may have more than one twin flame. Watch the video below to learn more about his journey.




To move on after discovering that my twin flame was dating someone else, I knew I needed to find positives in our relationship. This involved searching for lessons that the relationship taught me. A key lesson I learned was the importance of conflict. Many people fear conflict and try to avoid it, but my twin flame showed me that conflict is necessary. Although conflict made me uncomfortable and triggered my fight-or-flight response, I came to see it as an opportunity to learn and grow. In the past, I would shut down during conflicts and either react out of fear or anger, or my twin flame would try to avoid the situation. But now, I see conflict in a more positive light and am better equipped to handle it.




However, it's important to distinguish between peaceful and aggressive conflict, as peaceful conflict is necessary for growth and change. In an article for GreaterGood, Christine Carter explains that conflict not only fuels change but also makes life more interesting. Conflict is essential for intellectual, emotional, and moral development. Relationship expert Annie Lalla emphasizes the importance of conflict in her now-viral TedTalk, stating that it's normal and crucial for a relationship to thrive. Recognizing that I could learn valuable lessons from my twin flame relationship allowed me to move on with gratitude and grace.




When I discovered that my twin flame had started dating someone else, I realized that I needed to take action to sever the energetic cord that still bound me to him. According to spiritual teacher and author Abby Wynne, an energy cord is an intangible link between two individuals that can either enhance or deplete one's psychic energy. Such cords may form unconsciously or subconsciously, and they can tie us to negative emotions and thought patterns, causing stress and impeding our personal growth. Therefore, I needed to cut the cord with my ex to be able to move forward. By taking a free masterclass with Shaman Rudá Iandé, I learned how to recognize and break unhealthy cords with all of my acquaintances. I discovered that cutting these cords could release me from past burdens and enable me to live more fully in the present. Through a meditation exercise by motivational speaker and author Gabby Bernstein, I was able to let go of negative emotions and feel lighter and more at peace. In this way, cutting emotional energy cords allowed me to move on from my past relationship with my twin flame.




After discovering that my twin flame had moved on, I knew that I had to take care of my mental and physical health by diving deep into my wellness practice. Despite my previous knowledge and experience with meditation and plant-based nutrition, I still felt attached and insecure about the situation. So, I began to explore other healing modalities and discovered breathwork. This practice involves intentional breathing techniques that improve mental, physical, and spiritual well-being. It enabled me to access trapped emotions and release them through active and conscious breathing. After my first Shamanic breathwork class, I felt as though the heaviest parts of me were being released, like clouds of smoke exiting my body. Incorporating breathwork into my wellness practice helped me not only move on from my twin flame but also increased my self-worth and acceptance.


To move on from your twin flame, regardless of whether or not they are dating someone new, it's crucial to engage in activities that promote self-love and prioritize your well-being. This is not selfish but rather necessary for healing, growth, and personal development. Remember that you are complete and reflect on past relationships with kindness. Surround yourself with positivity and seek balance for your mind, body, and spirit. Finally, it's essential to learn to love and care for yourself before you can do the same for others. A quote by Wilfred Peterson emphasizes the importance of cultivating the right attitude toward oneself to have the right attitude toward others. Justin Brown, author and founder of Ideapod, provides a simple self-love meditation that can be accessed through his website.


Comments