Main menu

Pages

5 ways to forget your twin flame and move on with your life

 


Right from the start, I recognized that I was meeting my twin flame. Our connection was intense and felt like a cosmic experience, from our conversations to our mind-blowing sex. It truly felt like meeting my "other half" and he seemed to feel the same. However, the flame that was ignited so intensely was abruptly extinguished as we grew apart. Coping with his sudden absence and moving on was a painful but necessary process that I had to endure. In this article, I'll share my personal experience of meeting my twin flame, explain what a twin flame is, and detail the five ways I was able to stop thinking about him and finally move on. Spoiler alert: I am much happier now!




A twin flame, also known as a mirrored soul relationship, is an intense connection with another person that occurs on an existential level. It is a chaotic and instantaneous bond that not everyone has the opportunity to experience in their lifetime. The concept of twin flames is based on the belief that our souls are split into two halves at the origin of energetic inception, and if we are lucky enough to reconnect with our twin flame, the relationship is meant to push us toward self-actualization and growth. This connection is often described as feeling like "home" as it is a familiar and strangely intimate experience. The twin flame relationship is meant to help us discover our better selves by exposing us to our open wounds and is connected through shared pain. On the other hand, a soulmate is someone we share a dramatic spiritual connection, but not necessarily the other half of our soul. Soulmate relationships can be positive experiences and may occur multiple times in our lives. Twin flame relationships, however, can quickly become toxic and mirror our unhealthy habits or imbalances. When apart, twin flames may struggle to function and define their self-worth through the relationship.




The most challenging part of the twin flame journey is the separation phase. Following the initial excitement of being with your twin flame, you may experience a sudden emotional purge and deep questioning of your purpose. You may also start to feel past traumas and wounds arising, as well as a sense of impatience with your twin flame and your relationship. This is a crucial part of the twin flame journey, as both flames may become confused and filled with sadness. While learning how to forget your twin flame and move on with your life is essential, consulting with a genuine psychic may provide additional clarity. The term "growing pains" applies not only to physical growth but also to spiritual growth, with spiritual awakenings often accompanied by the loss of friends, misunderstandings with family, feeling ostracized by society, changes in career, and loneliness. During the separation phase, these pains may wash over you, causing you to question the people you let into your heart and mind and reflect on your purpose and passions. Despite not feeling needy or desperate, you may still feel a sense of loss, as if you are losing half of yourself.




What enabled me to move on from my twin flame? By participating in an excellent workshop led by the renowned Shaman Rudá Iandê, I learned five effective techniques to redirect my attention from my twin flame back to myself. This experience was truly transformative for me, as it deepened my understanding of the twin flame concept and provided a roadmap for finding my twin flame without the usual disappointments and confusion. The five methods I learned not only helped me to let go of my twin flame and stop dwelling on the past but also allowed me to embark on a journey of self-discovery and personal growth.




To overcome my twin flame obsession and find my true self, I learned five powerful methods from a workshop by Shaman Rudá Iandê. The first method was recognizing that we are complete and whole as individuals, rather than seeing our twin flame as the missing piece that completes us. When I embraced this idea, I began to have more self-love and self-forgiveness, and I started to heal my inner wounds. I also felt compassion for my twin flame's wounds and understood that he was also whole without me. The twin flame journey is about healing inner and past pain, which is why we are presented with a mirrored image of ourselves. By seeing ourselves as a whole, we permit ourselves to be strong and resilient and take the first step towards moving on from our twin flame attachment.




As a society, we've been conditioned to avoid pain at all costs. We use our smartphones, bounce from one relationship to another, and indulge in binge-watching, shopping, eating, or drinking to distract ourselves from discomfort. However, just as physical pain is essential for bringing life into the world, emotional pain is necessary for growth.


Initially, when I was resisting the inevitable separation from my twin flame, I sought comfort in various things to fill the void. I was afraid of facing my past trauma and the discomfort of the separation. But to solve a problem, you first need to identify it. That's why I had to confront the inner wounds that my twin flame had brought to the surface.


I sat with the discomfort and allowed myself to feel everything. And when I took the time to experience my emotions during the twin flame separation, something incredible happened. I began to develop a profound sense of compassion for my twin flame. Since their wounds reflected my own, having compassion for them was equivalent to having compassion for myself. This is how healing starts.


In a remarkable interview, Ideapod founder Justin Brown talked to Shaman Rudá Iandê about the journey of healing and finding purpose. Rudá explains that connecting with pain, including your own, helps develop compassion. Compassion is not about feeling sorry and forgiving from a place of superiority, but rather a deep, emotional awareness that we're all in the same boat. By embracing discomfort, I started to appreciate my twin flame instead of longing or feeling agitated. I began to see my pain as a learning experience that taught me to feel compassion for his journey and mine. I no longer felt alone.




The third way I was able to move on from my twin flame and start my spiritual journey was by examining the way I spoke to myself. Our words create our reality, and negative self-talk can limit growth and prevent others from seeing our true selves.


Phrases such as "I am damaged," "I cannot be without them," and "I cannot be alone" create a narrative that we believe about ourselves. To overcome this, I began to practice breathwork and meditation, which allowed me to understand the power of my words.


Breathwork is an ancient healing modality that uses breath to awaken our inner selves, and it has been instrumental in my journey. This practice has allowed me to change my negative self-talk, full of shame, fear, and rejection, to words of love and acceptance.


If you're interested in experiencing the power of breathwork, you can try it by clicking here. It has changed my life, and I believe it can change yours too.


Creating boundaries for yourself can be one of the most effective ways to move on from a past relationship, as it allows you to evaluate your true needs and desires without compromising them out of fear or convenience. Unlike setting boundaries for others, creating boundaries for yourself requires you to examine your core beliefs and values, and establish guidelines for yourself to follow. This can be challenging, especially when it comes to your spiritual journey, as toxic spiritual habits can get in the way. For instance, the need to be positive all the time or a sense of superiority over those who lack spiritual awareness can harm you and others around you. Therefore, it's crucial to be mindful of these habits and free your mind from them. By setting healthy boundaries for yourself and freeing yourself from toxic habits, you can attract like-minded people and opportunities and focus on powerful lessons learned from past relationships.




The final step that helped me move on from my twin flame and find my spiritual awakening was developing a strong sense of self-love. Although it may sound cliché, taking the time to understand who you are and your purpose in life is crucial to building trust in yourself, which is the foundation of self-love. It is a difficult process that requires confronting and healing pain, but it is worth it. Whether you and your twin flame reconnect or not, it doesn't matter because once you see yourself as whole, complete, and deserving of love, you won't feel like you're missing anything. Through my journey of spiritual growth, I have learned to appreciate my twin flame from a distance while cherishing and loving myself, and I am now happy with who I am.


Comments